Tuesday 5 July 2016

Matariki day

Totara whanau has been learning about Matariki on Wednesday June the 8th. Matariki is the maori new year the 7stars repprizent the 7 sisters

The first activity I did was kite making. the first thing was we got put into a group of five then we got the instructions then we all grabbed 3 toitoi pieces with a fluffy end on it. Then we got flax to make into string to tie them together.
I am learning to use my collaboration  muscle.
I used this muscle in kite making to use team work because we all needed to work together to make a kite.
the thing that challenged me was tieing the toitoi together with string made out of raupo.  We used flax to cover the front of the toittoi and string that way tying it together.



my group panting rocks 
my group making our kites
Jacob v sewing
      
the 7 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment